This recipe is so simple to make, and so yummy! A hit with adults and kids. Here it is:
Serves 4 - 6
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 and ½ cups of dry whole-wheat pene pasta, cooked
- 1 tin of lite coconut milk
- 1 tub of basil pesto
- 200g baby spinach
- 2 – 4 cups of peas
- Put chicken breasts in an oven proof dish and pour over the coconut milk and basil pesto. Cook in the oven at 180 – 220 degrees with lid on for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta
- Stir fry the baby spinach and peas together in a pan (can add a little bacon here if you like)
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred the chicken breasts in the sauce.
- Add the pasta and stir-fried veg to the shredded chicken in sauce, and mix it all together.