Banana pancakes. Need I say more. Who doesn’t love a good banana pancake?! Well, now…how about a HEALTHY banana pancake?! Now we are really talking!
I simply LOVE having this banana pancake as one of my healthy breakfast options. It is so super easy to make. Here we go:
INGREDIENTS: (serves 1)
- 1 banana (ripe is good…green bananas don’t work too well for this)
- 1 egg
- A dash of olive oil
- Mash banana in a bowl
- Crack the egg into the mashed banana and whisk together
- Sprinkle some oil in a pan and heat
- Pour the egg-banana batter into the heated pan
- Turn the heat to low and place a lid over the pan, to allow the pancake to slowly cook through
- Once the pancake is cooked through, roll is out of the pan (or flip it if you are feeling brave!)
OTHER TIPS AND INFO:
- You can add some cinnamon to the batter for a variation in flavour
- As there is no flour in this recipe, there is not much there to bind it together. So, it will be tricky (but not impossible) to flip this pancake. That is why I suggest that you rather ‘roll’ it out of the pan and onto your plate.
- You can drizzle a teaspoon of nut butter on the pancake either before you roll it out of the pan (so that the nut butter will be inside the rolled pancake), or you can drizzle/smear the nut butter on top of the rolled pancake.
- I personally enjoy adding a teaspoon of almond nut butter to the top of the pancake, as I find that the healthy fat from the nut butter helps me to stay fuller for longer.
- This pancake provides you with healthy carb from the banana, healthy protein from the egg, and healthy fat from the olive oil and nut butter.