Need some meat-free Monday inspiration? Me too! So I conjured up this dish, and my oh my…it is DELISH!
- 1 cup of whole-wheat couscous
- 1 small pack of baby marrows, chopped into rounds
- 1 red onion, diced
- A few handfuls of baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons of cumin
- A dash of coriander
- A dash of paprika
- 1-2 tins of chickpeas, drained
- 1 butternut, peeled, cubed and roasted
- Oil for cooking
- Add a cup of boiling water to the couscous, leave it to stand for 5-10 minutes, and then ‘fluff it’ with a fork
- Stir-fry the baby marrows, red onion, baby spinach, and chickpeas together with the spices
- Add the cooked butternut cubes and cooked couscous to the pan and toss it all together
Extra tips from Emily:
- This is yummy eaten in a bowl...it just is :)
- I used the vegetable medley flavoured whole-wheat cous cous from Woolworths, which made this taste very flavourful. If I didn’t have the flavoured cous cous, I probably would have added some fresh garlic and extra spices when cooking. (This post isn't sponsored by Woolworths!)
- You can sprinkle some feta on top when you serve.
- You can sprinkle with some almond slithers or pumpkin or sunflower seeds for an added crunch.
- This is great to make in a big batch and take some to work for lunch the next day.