In my blog post ‘Healthy things I’m looking forward to this winter’ I mentioned that I wanted to make more soups in winter. Well, I did just that. In fact, I created my own soup recipe. I was very chuffed with how it turned out.
Seeing as though today is the last day of winter, I thought I would share my favourite winter soup recipe with you.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 Butternut
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 onion
- A dash of olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 750ml of water
- 35 ml stock powder
- 1 tin of coconut milk (optional)
- Stir-fry diced onion in olive oil with the curry powder and chilli flakes at the bottom of your soup pot
- Toss in the peeled and diced butternut, the diced sweet potato, and the tin of drained chickpeas
- Mix the stock powder into 750ml of boiling water and pour into the pot
- Boil together until vegetables are soft
- Add in up to 1 tin of coconut milk, to desired taste
- Blend with a stick blender until desired consistency is reached