1 cup of frozen blueberries
1/2 - 1 frozen banana
A few almonds
Almond milk to thin to desired consistency
Blend all ingredients together in a Nutribullet/ blender and enjoy immediately.
- You can use fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit. I've used frozen fruit for this recipe for three reasons:
- 1) I like my smoothie texture to be icy. Using frozen fruit makes it icy so that I don't have to add ice which waters down the smoothie
- 2) Frozen blueberries are a lot cheaper than fresh blueberries
- 3) I don't like eating ripe bananas, so if I ever have ripe bananas in my house, I end up freezing them and then using them in smoothies. (I don't mind ripe bananas in smoothies!).
- If your blender struggles to blend nuts (because you don't have an amazing Nutribullet) then you can add some almond nut butter instead of the almonds, as that will make it easier to blend.